Try this delicious plant-based smoothie with a secret nutritious ingredient: sea moss! Bananas and dates give this smoothie a natural sweetness, and cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and peppercorn add extra flavor. Enjoy is for breakfast, dessert or as a snack any time.
- 2 frozen bananas (Can use regular temperature bananas if you prefer)
- 2-3 pitted dates
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp. prepared sea moss*
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pinches cardamom
- 3-5 black peppercorns
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 1.5-2 cups water (The water should be no higher than the contents of the blender)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ jaggery (optional)
*Follow the instructions on your sea moss package on how to wash, soak, and blend your sea moss.
1. Add all of the ingredients to a blender, leaving the water for last.*
2. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
*Add just as much water as there are contents in your blender. If you add too much water, it won’t be thick and fluffy. If it’s too thick, you can always add a tad more water to bring the consistency to your liking.