For homemade hummus that is creamy, flavorful and quick to make, start with a can of chick peas! Simply blend the chick peas with olive oil, lemon juice and a handful of other pantry ingredients, then spread on a party platter and top with a quick olive salsa for a crowd-pleasing dip with the silkiest texture and true Mediterranean pizzazz.
This recipe comes to us from Goya.
For the Hummus:
- 1 can Goya organic chick peas or Goya low-sodium chick peas (or similar)
- 3 tbsp Goya extra virgin olive oil (or similar)
- 3 tbsp Goya lemon juice (or similar)
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp Goya minced garlic (or similar)
- 1 tsp Goya ground cumin (or similar)
- 1/2 tsp Goya paprika (or similar)
- 1 tsp Goya All-Purpose Adobo Seasoning with Pepper (or similar)
For the Olive Salsa:
- 3/4 cup Goya Pitted Manzanilla Spanish Olives, sliced (or similar)
- 2 tbsp Goya capers (or similar)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Goya hot sauce, optional (or similar)
- Goya extra virgin olive oil, optional (or similar)
1. In food processor or blender, combine chick peas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, 1 tablespoon water, cumin, paprika and Adobo. Puree until mixture is smooth and creamy, about one minute.
2. In medium bowl, combine olives, capers, tomatoes, shallots, parsley and hot sauce, if desired. This should make approximately two cups of salsa.
3. Spoon hummus into serving dish, smoothing it and creating a hollow in the center for the salsa. Spoon salsa into hollow. (As an alternate presentation, layer hummus, and then salsa, alternating layers, in a shallow dish.) Drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve with crackers.